Saturday, August 15, 2015

Iced Honey Mint Green Tea


You will need:
Green Tea
Honey
Fresh Mint
Mason Jar (for full southern appeal.)

Some say tea is the new coffee -- while I wouldn't go that far, this beverage is sure to kickstart your day.

It's soo refreshing and with this August weather still hitting the triple digits, you have plenty of time to enjoy this summer beverage. 

I used naturally flavored mint green tea, but you can use whatever flavor tickles your fancy.

 Make and steep as directed. Stir in a spoonful of honey while it's still warm. Allow it to cool for a moment before pouring over ice. Then add mint. Lots of mint! 

You might be thinking the fresh mint on top of the mint flavoring is redundant -- to which I would reply, "GOOD DAY, SIR!" You can never have enough mint.  Its a great way to add flavor without adding calories!  It also promotes oral health and digestion.  Plus it's growing wildly in my garden and I have to find uses for it.

I used ingredients I had on hand, but you could also add lime or cucumbers for additional flavor!

Drink up and cool off! This drink is also Weim approved. ;)




No comments:

Post a Comment